Joann explained to me that her mother (Roberta) had kidney cancer, but had since passed (not from the cancer); her sister (Karen) had bladder cancer and was currently in treatment; and Joann, herself, had thyroid cancer and was in remission.
As with all diseases, there are possibly more than one color associated with the disease. Sometimes, an awareness color is nationally recognized because of a campaign -or a charity -or it's a combination of both. Joann requested that I use the awareness colors she knew them to be, which were:
Bladder Cancer -blue, marigold and purple
Thyroid Cancer -blue/purple, teal and pink
Kidney Cancer -Orange
Joann's Custom Multi-Cancer Awareness Bracelets (BA219)
SOLD
The final design consisted of Crystals by Swarovski to represent the different cancers, sterling silver beads, .925 Bali, sterling ribbon blocks, Swarovski Pearls, sterling silver 'Believe' and 'Family' message beads, awareness ribbon charm and signature jewelry tag.
Joann's Custom Believe Multi-Cancer Awareness Bracelet (BA219-B)
SOLD
Joann planned on giving one 'Believe' bracelet to her sister after her bladder removal and reconstruction surgery; keeping one 'Believe' bracelet for herself and then giving the 'Family' cancer bracelet to her niece who was studying to be a nurse. What a thoughtful and motivating gift!
Joann's Custom Family Multi-Cancer Awareness Bracelet (BA219-F)
SOLD
Joann emailed after receiving her package and here's what she had to say:
"I just want to say thank you. I received the bracelets yesterday and they are nicer than what I could have imagined. The orange ended up perfect. I plan to give the bracelets to my sister and niece this weekend. Again, thank you so much for caring so much about this and really making them absolutely beautiful!"You are so very welcome Joann and thank you for entrusting me with this very special and heartfelt custom bracelet design! I wish both you and your sister a long -cancer free -happy life!
-Joann
Stay tuned for the full blog post on how these custom bracelets design evolved.



No comments
Post a Comment